Let's Work Together
Thank you for visiting my services page. I am hopeful that you are here because you are ready to improve your relationship with food and free yourself from negative body image issues. I'm here to walk you through this journey.
I offer a variety of professional services, from individual counseling to meal support to groups and workshops. All treatment sessions are built upon my unique treatment model, BodyWise Nutrition Therapy™, which provides my clients with the skills to tap into their body's innate wisdom to nourish and heal itself. I'm also a weight-neutral practitioner, which means that I focus on helping my clients change their negative thoughts and behaviors around food - without actively trying to change their weight or making weight loss a goal. As such, I do not offer weight loss counseling and do not place clients on restrictive diets or meal plans. Instead, using a collaborative and therapeutic approach, I help clients learn how to eat intuitively, follow their hunger and fullness cues, feel their feelings without using food, and rediscover the joy and satisfaction in eating.
My specialities include:
- eating disorders, including but not limited to Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID), and Orthorexia
- disordered eating: any eating pattern that causes you stress before, during, or after mealtimes; an unhealthy pre-occupation with food that negatively impacts your life; compulsive overeating/emotional eating/stress eating
- chronic dieting cycles: feeling like you are constantly starting some kind of diet (paleo, vegan, etc.) only to "fall off the wagon" soon after and blame yourself for not being successful
- orthorexia: an obsession with only eating "healthy" foods; "eating clean" and "detoxing" are some examples
- ARFID/extreme picky eating in children: a type of eating disorder where the consumption of certain foods is limited based on the food's appearance, smell, taste, texture, or past negative experience with the food
Individualized nutrition therapy
Individual sessions are offered in person or via phone/Skype. During these sessions, we will explore your relationship with food and body image and develop a personalized plan that works for you in your journey towards food freedom.
Fees for Nutrition Therapy:
- Initial session: $200
- 45-minute follow-up: $150
Meal support may be helpful to individuals who feel unsure about what to eat or how much to eat or are fearful about eating. Meal support provides emotional support and guidance during all possible phases of a meal, including grocery shopping, selecting items from a menu, preparing a meal, and eating a meal.
Meal Support Fee:
- $100 plus cost of food
Groups & Workshops
I offer various groups and workshops throughout the year. Please check below to see if there is currently a group or workshop that you can sign up for.
I am also available for private events and corporate nutrition workshops. Please reach out to me directly with any inquiries or for my availability.
Office Location: My office is located in Manhattan on 58th Street and First Avenue. I also have a private kitchen in my office where I host cooking classes and also conduct private Meal Support sessions.
Treatment Team: Depending on the severity of your eating disorder/disordered eating, I may recommend that a treatment team be in place before we can work together. A treatment team may include a therapist, psychiatrist, and/or medical doctor. For children with eating issues, a speech pathologist may be necessary. If one of these professionals is needed for treatment, I am able to provide a referral.
Payment: I accept cash, check, and credit card payments, due at the time of each session. If you have a health plan through your employer, you may be able to use your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to pay for treatment.
Insurance: My practice does not currently accept insurance payment for sessions. However, all clients are provided with paperwork that they can submit to their provider for out-of-network reimbursement.
Cancellation Policy: I value and respect your time as a client and ask that you do the same in return. A 24-hour notice is required to cancel or reschedule an appointment. A full session fee will be charged if you do not give 24 hours notice, or do not show up for your appointment.
Confidentiality: All information disclosed within sessions is confidential. I will exchange information with members of your treatment team only if you sign the Authorization to Release Information form that I will provide you with.